We are always looking for supporters to get involved to support our work, take a look at the different ways you might want to get involved or support our work….
Volunteer with us!
Birch Network Volunteer positions:
- Family befrienders – to welcome a young, separated refugee into your home for support, conversation, to share meals etc (weekly/fortnightly commitment)
- Community hosts – to offer a spare room in their house on a short-term basis to a homeless refugee or migrant
- Volunteers for family fun sessions – Thurs 1.30-3.30pm – English conversation classes, children’s activities, chatting to families, helping to complete forms and signposting
- Social activities and English conversation classes for adult refugees living in hotels across Birmingham.
- Football coaches to help with football sessions for refugees in hotels
- Volunteers to help refugees in hotels get signed up for local park runs, helping to register them, take them there
- Volunteer drivers to help us escort refugees to events/social activities etc
All volunteers require a DBS check and two references
If you are interested in any of these positions, please email Helen.
Join our friendly team of trustees. To help us grow we need members of the local Birmingham community to join our Board of Trustees. We’d love to hear from you if you are at all interested, whatever your strengths, but we are particularly keen to recruit people who have lived experience of the asylum/immigration process, or people with knowledge of fundraising, safe-guarding, publicity or immigration advice. To find out more about joining our team at Birch and making a real difference to vulnerable people, please contact Helen.
Fundraise for us!
There are so many ways you could help us to raise funds : could you do a hundred hula loops to help our hosts or Bake for Befriending? We are happy to support you with any events. If you have some ideas or would like more information, please contact Helen
You can link you fundraising events to our Just Giving Page.
If you would like to make a direct donation, please visit our donation page here
Share our work!
Want to help spread the word about our work to help us gain more supporters? Could you ask your faith group, club or colleagues if we can talk to them about our work? If so, please contact Helen