We are always looking for supporters to get involved to support our work, take a look at the different ways you might want to get involved or support our work….
Volunteer with us!
We are looking for a number of volunteer positions:
1.Volunteer drivers – we want to build up a rota of volunteer drivers as we are hoping to have the use of a mini bus to enable hotel residents to access events, activities and days out in the countryside. We would also welcome volunteers who would be willing to offer lifts in their car to groups of young refugees and asylum seekers on some of our trips.
2. Volunteers who would like to get involved in the new project- helping to run social activities/ESOL classes etc – we’re hoping to try to match up groups of volunteers to a number of the hotels. We especially welcome volunteers who can speak Arabic, Farsi or Kurdish.
3. Volunteers for our family fun session, whilst we welcome families from any country, Kurdish seems to be the most common language. Our family fun session currently runs on a Thursday afternoon 1.30-3.30pm. We would also welcome volunteers with any other languages. Volunteers are needed to help run children’s activities, complete forms for school applications, sit and chat and provide welcome to the families.
4. Become a volunteer befriender for a young refugee who has no family in the UK – read our more about our befriending project here
5. Become a community host, offering a spare room in your house to a homeless asylum seeker – read more about hosting scheme here
6. Could you collect activities or working technology that newly arrived children/ young people and families living in a single room could use?
Join our friendly team of trustees. To help us grow we need members of the local Birmingham community to join our Board of Trustees. We’d love to hear from you if you are at all interested, whatever your strengths, but we are particularly keen to recruit people who have lived experience of the asylum/immigration process, or people with knowledge of fundraising, safe-guarding, publicity or immigration advice. To find out more about joining our team at Birch and making a real difference to vulnerable people.
For more information about any of the above positions , please contact Helen
Fundraise for us!
There are so many ways you could help us to raise funds : could you do a hundred hula loops to help our hosts or Bake for Befriending? We are happy to support you with any events. If you have some ideas or would like more information, please contact Helen
If you would like to make a direct donation, please visit our donation page here
Share our work!
Want to help spread the word about our work to help us gain more supporters? Could you ask your faith group, club or colleagues if we can talk to them about our work? If so, please contact Helen