We are always looking for supporters to get involved to support our work, take a look at the different ways you might want to get involved or support our work….
Volunteer with us!
We are looking for a number of volunteer positions:
1. !!NEW!! Young Refugee Support Volunteers We are looking for experienced professionals with experience of working with teenagers/ young adults/ unaccompanied asylum seeking children. Following a rise in referrals for asylum seeking children, teenagers and young adults, we are looking for volunteers to help us support young refugees and fulfil their unmet needs. Find out more and apply here: https://shorturl.at/oBIN9
2. After school club volunteers for our children’s club. Our after school club currently runs on a Tuesday afternoon. Volunteers are needed to help run children’s activities, help children practice their English conversation, sit and chat and provide welcome to the children. We would also welcome volunteers with any other languages. Find out more about the role: After school club volunteer role description
3. Outreach volunteers who would like to get involved in our outreach work to newly arrived asylum seekers living in hotels- helping to run social activities/ESOL classes etc We especially welcome volunteers who can speak Arabic, Farsi or Kurdish.
4. Volunteer drivers – we want to build up a rota of volunteer drivers as we are hoping to have the use of a mini bus to enable hotel residents to access events, activities and days out in the countryside. We would also welcome volunteers who would be willing to offer lifts in their car to groups of young refugees and asylum seekers on some of our trips.
5. Volunteer befrienders to offer weekly or fortnightly support to a young refugee who has no family in the UK – read our more about our befriending project here
6. Community hosting voluteers to offer a spare room and welcome to a destitute migrant in your house to a homeless asylum seeker – read more about hosting scheme here
For more information about any of the above positions , please contact Helen
Fundraise for us!
There are so many ways you could help us to raise funds : could you do a hundred hula loops to help our hosts or Bake for Befriending? We are happy to support you with any events. If you have some ideas or would like more information, please contact Helen
If you would like to make a direct donation, please visit our donation page here
Share our work!
Want to help spread the word about our work to help us gain more supporters? Could you ask your faith group, club or colleagues if we can talk to them about our work? If so, please contact Helen